If you experience any of the following signs and symptoms you may be suffering from iron deficiency (ID)
- Wood MM, Elwood PC. Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia: A community survey. Br J Prev Soc Med 1966;20:117-121.
- Mayo Clinic. Iron Deficiency Anaemia. Symptoms and Causes. [online] [cited 2017 July 25]. Available from: URL: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/iron-deficiency-anemia/symptoms-causes/dxc-20266514.
- Stein J, Dignass A. Management of iron deficiency anemia in inflammatory bowel disease – a practical approach. Ann Gastroenterol 2012;26(2):1-7.
- Radlowski EC, Johnson RW. Perinatal iron deficiency and neurocognitive development. Front Hum Neurosci 2013;7:1-11.
- Sun ER, Chen CA, Ho G, Earley CJ, Allen RP.Iron and the restless legs syndrome. Sleep 1998;21(4):371-377.
- Scully C. ABC of oral health: Mouth ulcers and other causes of orofacial soreness and pain. BMJ 2000;321(7254):162-165.
- Cashman MW, Sloan SB. Nutrition and nail disease. Clin Dermatol 2010;28(4):420-425.
- World Health Organisation. Iron deficiency anaemia. Assessment, prevention and control. [online] 2001 [cited 2017 Aug 1]. Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/micronutrients/anaemia_iron_deficiency/WHO_NHD_01.3/en/.
- Beard JL. Iron biology in Immune Function, Muscle Metabolism and Neuronal Functioning. J Nutr 2001;131(2):568S-580S.
- Wu YC, Wang YP, Chang JY, Cheng SJ, Chen HM, Sun A. Oral manifestations and blood profile in patients with iron deficiency anemia. J Formos Med Assoc 2014;113(2):83-87