FERRIMED® - The Benefits
SA'S #1 PRESCRIBED IRON TREATMENT 1
Ferrimed® is absorbed and stored in a similar way to iron from the diet, which provides a number of benefits. 2,3
UNLIKE OTHER IRON SUPPLEMENTS SUCH AS IRON CHELATES OR FERROUS SALTS, FERRIMED®:
- Has low potential for causing damage to the gut wall during its absorption 4
- Is well tolerated and the treatment of choice in children 5
- Is even prescribed for premature infants
- Can be taken with or without food, but the absorption is better after meals 5
- Does not interfere with the absorption of other drugs 5
- Does not stain your teeth 5
For safety and efficacy, insist on Ferrimed® Iron polymaltose
For more information, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist. For full prescribing information refer to: Ferrimed® Package Insert
- IMS Data.
- Geisser P, Müller A. Pharmacokinetics of Iron Salts and Ferric Hydroxide-Carbohydrate Complexes. Drug Res 1987;37(1):100-104
- Jacobs P, Wood L, Bird AR. Better Tolerance of Iron Polymaltose Complex Compared with Ferrous Sulphate in the Treatment of Anaemia.
- Toblli JE, Cao G, Olivieri L, Angerosa M. Comparative Study of Gastrointestinal Tract and Liver Toxicity of Ferrous Sulphate, Iron Amino
Chelate and Iron Polymaltose Complex in Normal Rats. Pharmacol 2008;82:127-137
- Borbolla JF, Cicero RE, Dibildox M, Sotres D, Gutiérrez R. Iron hydroxide polymaltose complex vs iron sulphate in the treatment o iron deficiency anaemia in infants. Revista Mexicana de Pediatria 2000;57(2):63-67.
"The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider"
S0 Ferrimed® Capsules / H840 (Act 101 of 1965) / Each capsule contains 50 mg elemental iron as iron (III)-hydroxide polymaltose complex and 150 µg folic acid. S0 Ferrimed® D.S. Chewable Tablets / L/8.3/201 / Each tablet contains 100 mg elemental iron as iron (III)-hydroxide polymaltose complex. S0 Ferrimed® Syrup / H842 (Act 101 of 1965) / Each 5 ml contains 50 mg elemental iron as iron (III)-hydroxide polymaltose complex.
TAKEDA (PTY) LTD. Reg No: 1982/011215/07. 1 Libertas Road, Corner Main Road and Sloane Street, Bryanston, 2191.
Tel: 0861 (TAKEDA) 825 332 Fax: 0861 (TAKE SA) 825 372.